Animated GIF frame tranistions speed (different than browser(

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon May 3 10:33:12 EDT 2004

Recently, "Kevin" wrote:

> I am using animated GIFs in my applications to show that the application is
> busy.  The interesting thing is that the animated gifs are 5 to 6 times faster
> in Revolution than and any other viewer/application (frame to frame
> tranisition speed).  Is there a way to control the speed at which the frames
> are displayed?  Why is the frame tranisition speed different than Mozilla,
> Internet Explorer or Safari?

If you have an app that can edit animated GIFs, open it there and see if the
frame is rate is 0 (or thereabouts).  You can resave it to the timing you
want.  Otherwise, set the repeatCount of the GIF in Rev to 0 and use your
own timing to control the GIF, incrementing the currentFrame using whatever
speed is desired.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director