Animated GIF frame tranistions speed (different than browser(

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon May 3 10:16:30 EDT 2004

Hi Kevin,

> Hello, I am using animated GIFs in my applications to show that the
> application is busy.
> The interesting thing is that the animated gifs are 5 to 6 times
> faster in Revolution than
> and any other viewer/application (frame to frame tranisition speed).
> Is there a way to
> control the speed at which the frames are displayed?

Yes, check the docs for "framecount", "repeatcount", "currentframe" and
"palindromeframes"...

You can also donwload a little example-stack of mine from the
contrubutor page on the RR website.
Look for "The taming of the animated Gif 1.0" ;-)

Here is the direct link:

http://www.runrev.com/downloads/usercontributions/
anim_gif_control.rev.zip

> Why is the frame tranisition speed different than Mozilla, Internet
> Explorer or Safari?

I have no idea :-)

Regards

Klaus Major