Problems with 2.2RC1 Files?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Mar 31 23:42:26 EST 2004

Maybe I should not bring this up until the final release, but:

create standalones to open any stack.

1 for MAC OS X
1 for Windows

(both available at

www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/

Create another stack and save, under 2.2RC1

Zip them all and upload to server.

User experience:

Mac user can download the stand alone for OSX and also the external
stack and the stand alone will open and run it just fine.

Windows user download the Windows standalone and unzips it: first
anomaly: after unzipping on a windows machine a strange folder appears
next to the standalone "_MAC OSX"  now, this 2.2RC1 standalone on
Window can open and drive any stack built with a previous version of
Rev... *but will not* open and run a stack saved under 2.2RC1 itself?

Maybe I'm playing too close to the bleeding edge on this one and should
not try any real production work with a Release Candidate.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org