Constants

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Mar 31 14:24:11 EST 2004

Robert,

Couple of points.

1) Custom Props are only *slightly* slower than globals. In the
following script:

on mouseUp
   set the a1 of this stack to "hello"
   global g1
   put "hello" into g1
   put the ticks into tticks
   repeat 100000 times
     get the a1 of this stack
   end repeat
   put the ticks - tticks into fld 1
   put the ticks into tticks
   repeat 100000 times
     get g1
   end repeat
   put cr & the ticks - tticks after fld 1
end mouseUp

after 100,000 accesses there is only about 1 second difference on my
machine (Athlon 2400+), which translates to less than 0.00001 second per
access. Hardly worth noting.

2) Even if there were a problem, it wouldn't show itself until *way
past* the limites of the RR CGI. As you may not know, you can't use the
RR CGI for any real serious trafficed web apps. It's way too much of a
load on a server.

-Chipp