Question about Linux Builder Requirements

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Mar 31 13:32:11 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry to be unable to help you in about your detailled task. Under
the Linux platform (Suse 8.2/KDE 3.1.1), i use Metacard instead of Rev,
without saving my (server-sided apps) stacks as standalone (because
frequent online updating) and 1) in launching and running them from an
init system V script (console mode without displaying any GUI) or 2) in
double clicking on the metacard engine and opening the stacks from
within the mc GUI if i need to get them up in graphical mode...

Hope this help.Ask for more if needed ;)

Best, Pierre

Le 30 mars 04, à 21:37, A.C.T. a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I asked this before, but got no real reply. Unfortunately RunRev
> cannot help me either (I have been waiting for their reply for about
> 10 days now), maybe I could not make the problem clear enough. I need
> to show an application prototype on a fair on thursday and would like
> to use the Revolution study I made for it - naturally on Linux and
> Windows and MacOS.
>
> My Revolution Studio does not create working "standalones". To be
> true, the compilations most likely would work on specific Linux
> versions (RedHat?), but they are compiled against stdlibc++ V5 as
> shared library version. My customers don't use that version, so this
> library (as well as a few more that are required from the compilation)
> is not available on the Linux system.
> My Revolution documentation is broken when it comes to Requirements
> for Linux. The docs only display the Mac-Requirements when I click on
> the Linux entry.
>
> Could someone here please list the EXACT requirements for Linux
> standalones glued from Revolution studio? I know the ELF loader module
> is required, at least most Linux flavors have that "in house", but
> what about the specific system libraries? The problem is that there is
> no "startup code" in the "standalone". Linux "customers" tend to use
> their KDE and this way they won't get an error message if required
> libraries cannot be found. So they will consider Revolution
> applications "not functional" (which is correct, from their point of
> view). I would like to prevent that situation - but I cannot, I do not
> know WHAT requirements are there for Linux (or, to put it the other
> way round: Linux standalones are not Linux standalones :-) )
>
> Thanks for your support,
> Marc Albrecht
> A.C.T. / Level-2
> Glinder Str. 2
> 27432 Ebersdorf
> Deutschland
> Tel. (+49) (0)4765-830060
> Fax. (+49) (0)4765-830064

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"