printing options

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Mar 31 08:26:59 EST 2004

>I'm curious to know what everyone out there is using for printing from
>Revolution.  If you're not using Rev's built-in functions/commands, are you
>using something else?

Hi Chris,

Serendipity Library includes a generic call to revPrintText wrapped
in a handler called "printTable".  This provides headers, footers,
and pagination for plain text reports.

I am presently debugging a Data Dictionary List printer for SDB that
incorporates icons instead of text for field headers.  For this
project I have a one-card stack representing the printed layout.  The
handlers populate the report text field until it is filled, and then
create a new card and continue the process until the entire List is
transferred to the list stack.  At that point the user can view the
list stack by opening it or send it to the printer via "print this
stack".  The list stack can then be saved for future reference or
deleted.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company