"Engine" versus "Player

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 30 19:32:27 EST 2004

Jim Hurley wrote:

> My problem may be just the simple technology of dropping a stack on the
> player stack. Is there any trick to this?

If it's tricks you need look no further than Ken Ray's collection of Rev
tips and tricks.  The index for his archive is in RevNet and at
<http://www.sonsothunder.com/>, and the page in question is on the Web at:

<http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/file004.htm>

> I am puzzled by a Run Rev Player which I understand RR is working on.
> How would such a player differ from the simple splash screen?

It seems players are largely differentiated by audience, such as your
stack with its buttons linked to the things you provide for your audience.

Hopefully a RunRev player would provide hooks for such index stacks to
be used within it as portals, like RevNet already does with its
inclusion of the Tools.MetaCard.com index/launcher stack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation