Question about Linux Builder Requirements

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Tue Mar 30 14:37:25 EST 2004

Hi,

I asked this before, but got no real reply. Unfortunately RunRev cannot
help me either (I have been waiting for their reply for about 10 days
now), maybe I could not make the problem clear enough. I need to show an
application prototype on a fair on thursday and would like to use the
Revolution study I made for it - naturally on Linux and Windows and MacOS.

My Revolution Studio does not create working "standalones". To be true,
the compilations most likely would work on specific Linux versions
(RedHat?), but they are compiled against stdlibc++ V5 as shared library
version. My customers don't use that version, so this library (as well
as a few more that are required from the compilation) is not available
on the Linux system.
My Revolution documentation is broken when it comes to Requirements for
Linux. The docs only display the Mac-Requirements when I click on the
Linux entry.

Could someone here please list the EXACT requirements for Linux
standalones glued from Revolution studio? I know the ELF loader module
is required, at least most Linux flavors have that "in house", but what
about the specific system libraries? The problem is that there is no
"startup code" in the "standalone". Linux "customers" tend to use their
KDE and this way they won't get an error message if required libraries
cannot be found. So they will consider Revolution applications "not
functional" (which is correct, from their point of view). I would like
to prevent that situation - but I cannot, I do not know WHAT
requirements are there for Linux (or, to put it the other way round:
Linux standalones are not Linux standalones :-) )

Thanks for your support,
Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / Level-2
Glinder Str. 2