Suggestion: Testimonials For C Programmers

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Mar 29 13:48:37 EST 2004

Hi All,

If one monitors any list conversation for any length of time, one
soon begins to identify certain issues or questions as FAQs.

I suspect that "why can't I script 'counter++'?", "how dare I simply
initiate an event without knowing if or where it will be processed?",
and "isn't xTalks syntax amateurish?" are strong candidates for a Run
Rev FAQ list.

I would like to find a way to minimize the amount of replay these
issues receive on the List, and one thought I had was the compilation
of testimonials from Revolutionists with a strong C background
directed for presentation to fellow C programmers evaluating Runtime
Revolution.

I propose this because, during recent conversations on the subject,
while many of us spoke passionately on behalf of xTalks, and some
such as moi were a little more blunt about our feelings regarding C
syntax, the responses that I felt focused on what C programmers would
find most pertinent came from Revolutionists who are well grounded in
C and can relate real-world experiences demonstrating substantial
productivity gains.

Were I among the powers that be at Run Rev Ltd., I would encourage
opie, Alex, & others who contributed to the discussion in that vein
to assist Run Rev in preparing & publishing a testimonial for C
programmers from former C programs.

...and perhaps a similar testimonial for Real/Visual Basic
programmers from former RBers/VBers.

..........with a Java version later          :{`)

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm