Can't Connect to MySQL at Runtime

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 29 12:15:43 EST 2004

Brian,

Just like you, when I am in the IDE, I can move between stacks with no
adverse impact on database access. It was only when I built the
standalone I got the "revdberror: invalid database" error. I too was
building the standalone all in one file; i.e., no separate stack files.
Since I modified the project so that all database access takes place in
a single stack, I haven't had the problem in the standalone.

Oddly enough, I was able to reproduce the error in the IDE. I had
placed an openStack handler in the substack for debugging purposes. I
subsequently commented out the debugging code, leaving the on openStack
framework. This caused the loss of database access in the IDE, just as
I had been experiencing in the standalone. At first I thought it was
because the openStack message was being blocked by the empty handler,
but even after I added an explicit 'pass openStack' statement, the
failures kept happening. It was only after I completely removed the
openStack handler structure from the substack that the database
functionality returned to the substack. This still had no effect on the
standalone, however. Database access still failed upon moving to the
substack.

As I said, merging the code into a single substack has proved a
reliable workaround to the problem. It's still a vexing issue, since
I'd rather keep the multi-stack setup in this project.

Devin

On Mar 29, 2004, at 9:46 AM, Brian Maher <plsntbreez at mac.com> wrote:

> My project has (right now) the mainstack and two substacks that are
> all in the one .rev file (i.e. no separate, standalone stacks).  Have
> you ever had a problem without separate stacks?

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University