Can't Connect to MySQL at Runtime

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 29 10:39:32 EST 2004

Brian,

Does your project have more than 1 stack in it? I had this problem in a
project in which I accessed the mySQL database from the main stack,
then went to a substack and tried to access it again. It worked fine in
the IDE, but after building a standalone, nothing I tried worked
(including setting the externals property, playing with the
defaultFolder, using the revSetDatabaseDriverPath command, moving the
drivers and libraries to different locations after compiling.) Finally,
I went back and restructured the project so that everything was in a
single stack. That did the trick. There seems to be some bug in the
engine (?) that clobbers the database libraries when you move from one
stack to another in a compiled application.

I've followed this problem closely for nearly a year now, and I haven't
seen a solution other than the workaround I have described.

Devin

On Mar 28, 2004, at 3:32 PM, Brian Maher <plsntbreez at mac.com> wrote:

> I have a stack that works just fine within the IDE but when I build a
> distribution (and include the database libraries) I get the following
> error at startup when connecting to my mysql database:
>
> revdberr,invalid database type
>
> Can anyone provide info on what might be causing this?

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University