chunks of containers

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Mar 28 18:05:45 EST 2004

On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 03:41 PM, Meitnik at aol.com wrote:

>> -- actually, I want this for a text container:
> Page [hummm, a pagedelemiter would be cool based on formatted
> height??? ;-) ]
> Line (closest thing for a paragraph)
> Word
> Char

I think it would be nice to chunk at a higher level.  It might be nice
if I could define my own.  (Someplace is one of the archives might be
my proposal for such.  There are probably lots of ways to do this.)

I don't like the idea of chunks being dependent on external things,
though.  Not for built-in chunks, anyway.  That is OK for custom chunks.

I think arrays should be an important consideration in chunks.  If
nested arrays are added, we can get an indefinite structure depth.

Dar Scott