Remote Find Questions

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sun Mar 28 05:45:51 EST 2004

> j  j at clsdesignassociates.com
>  Sat Mar 27 21:17:10 EST 2004
>
> > Just ran a little test.
>
> Mine:
>
> created new stack with 45565 cards
> 0 seconds to mark all 45565 cards
> 0 seconds to unmark all 45565 cards
> 1 second to mark half the 45565 cards with this on the fly algorithm:
> mark cards where ((the id of this card)/2) = round((the id of this
> card)/2)
>
> I would think a there would be a good chance of marking very quickly
> using a custom card property (uCardType) and the content you wish to
> locate, along the lines of (untested):
>
> unmark all cards
> mark cards where ((the uCardType of this card is "ledger") and (field
> "lastName" contains "downs"))
>
> j.

I don't know if you get similar results, but if you add the "(field
fldName contains <someText>)" condition then it runs much slower.
Putting the values of the fields into custom properties  speeds things
up again considerably.

Tnx for this test J.

Greetings
WA

PS  Seen your test, I would have lost the forced bet :-)