Remote Find Questions

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sat Mar 27 12:33:09 EST 2004

On Saturday, March 27, 2004, at 05:00  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net>
> Subject: Re:  Remote Find Questions
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>> If your database is a pile of cards then marking the cards is faster
>> than finding.
>
> Wouter,
>
> I will look further into marking cards; but the real issue for me is
> the ability to start the search or marking process at a specific card
> and stop searching/marking after reaching another specific card.
> Here's why:

[snip]

Rob,

I haven't tried these, but I'll bet they work:

Assume each card has a custom property "recordType" that defines the
type of record for the data on that card.

unmark all cards
mark cards where the recordType = "foo"
mark cards where fld fldName contains yourSearch

or

unmark all cards
mark cards where the recordType = "foo" and fld fldName contains
yourSearch

Let me know if it works.

-- Frank