Remote Find Questions

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Mar 26 18:56:50 EST 2004

>finding remotely:
>
>  set the defaultStack to <stacktobesearched>

Thanks Wouter...now let's get down to details.      :{)

My current search logic works along the line of

go invisible to card startingCard of stack "My Database.sdb"
repeat
   if searchKeys then find targetText in field "Record Key"
   else find targetText in field "Record"
   if the result is "Not Found" then exit repeat
   get the number of this card
   if it < startingCard or it > endingCard then exit repeat
   [processing logic]
   go next
end repeat

Can I use defaultStack to accomplish this remotely -- multiple
searches beginning at a specific starting card and repeating until
find goes past a specific ending card?  If so; can you flesh out the
example a little to demonstrate, please?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company