Remote Find Questions

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Mar 26 14:03:54 EST 2004

Hi All,

In my (hopefully) last tweak of the actual SDB drivers I have focused
on getting all handlers that access the database stack to do so
"remotely"...ie:

	get field "Record" of card id recordId of stack dbStack

instead of

	lock screen
	lock messages
	push card
	go to card id record of stack dbStack
	get field "Record"
	pop card
	unlock messages
	unlock screen

And I have succeeded in accomplishing this for all commands except
for one: searchSDBRecords.  searchSDBRecords uses the find command,
and, as I read the Transcript Dictionary, the find command can only
be applied to the current stack.

Q1:  Is this correct?

Q2:  Is there a more elegant workaround than above?

Q3:  Is anyone aware of a Bugzilla request for the capability to
apply the find command "remotely"?

TIA,
--

Rob Cozens