Graphic overlapping -- translucency effect

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Mar 26 11:30:52 EST 2004

On 3/26/04 8:10 AM, "Glen Bojsza" <gbojsza at mac.com> wrote:

> I have a simulator project that connects nodes with lines for traffic
> flows.
>
> For every flow a line will be created between the two nodes and so
> there will be cases where there will be multiple lines  that overlap
> (ie if they overlap then they are identical ).
>
> What I am trying to figure out is,  as the number of overlapping lines
> increase then change the overlapping line's translucency to illustrate
> a higher intensity of flows between the nodes.
>
> Can this "intensity" effect be created in Revolution?

One way would be to use images for the lines instead of draw graphics and
set the blendLevel of the "lines" to a medium-high value.  As the lines are
overlapped, the "stack" will appear darker.

Alternately, you might use draw graphics with simple color changes: if your
stack has a light background use a light color when a low number of lines is
present and then darken the color for higher number.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design