Tab delimited data not working...

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at mac.com
Fri Mar 26 08:42:39 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a field which is filled with tab delimited data there will
always be some "missing data" by the nature of the type of data being
collect.

I may have made an assumption ...

If word 2 is missing in a line of 5 words then when I ask for word 3 I
actually get word 4. The line shifts the words to the left.

Does Revolution not count the tabs when it is counting the words? If I
read a file into a spreadsheet and tell it the data is tab delimited it
counts the words properly.

I have set the itemDelimiter to tab but that does not solve the
problem??

Example below I've "typed" the word tab to help explain

23	tab	35	tab	76	tab	55	tab 	99 		-- put word 3 of line 1 of fld "data"
    ==> 76

23	tab	tab	tab	76	tab	55	tab 	99		-- put word 3 of line 1 of fld "data"
    ==> 55  (shouldn't it give 76 ??)

Is this a bug, limitation, or a bad assumption?

thanks,

Glen