(long) Transparent IDE elements and other problems

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Fri Mar 26 08:16:42 EST 2004

On Friday, March 26, 2004, at 12:32  AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:57:51 -0600
> From: j <j at clsdesignassociates.com>
> Subject: Re: (long) Transparent IDE elements and other problems
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>> - open a test stack with 1600 or more controls on a card
>
> can list members provide me some descriptions of the kinds of
> stacks/apps which would have more than 1600 controls on a card?  i do
> not mean this as a joke, and i am not trying to be a jerk.  i am
> sincerely interested in hearing from all of you.  i just can't even
> begin to fathom what the purpose of such an app might be.  ideas?
>
> thanks,
> j.

Sure.  I have a photo album app that can display up to 1000 photos in
an album (though there are other limits that prevent that many being
shown at once, but that's a problem for another post...).  Each photo
thumbnail is displayed inside a group that can have up to 3 checkboxes,
3 buttons and 10 editable fields for a total of 16 controls per photo.
Easily 16,000 controls or more on the page at once.  And I'd rather not
have the 1,000 limit which is arbitrary.

-- Frank