[ANN] New Calendar & DateTime library

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Fri Mar 26 00:42:44 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to let you all know that updated versions of my Calendar
stacks and Date & Time library stack are now available at
http://www.troz.net/Rev/

Calendar: allows graphical input of a date so you can ensure that
standard date formats are used at all times. Now with three different
sizes and internationalized to use system languages. You can set
whether the week starts on Monday or Sunday and special days can be
marked for hiliting either once or annually. Thanks to the people who
gave me advice on international systems but especially to Dom who
started me off and Éric Chatonet who did extensive testing as well as
making some great suggestions.

Date & Time library: a collection of functions for various date & time
manipulations. New functions include calculating Easter, working out
relative dates like the 3rd Monday in October, or the last Wednesday in
March, calculating the ISO week number and converting to & from Julian
dates. Thanks again to Éric Chatonet for the ISO week number routine
and to Mark Weider for the Julian dates calculations.

For anyone interested in distributing their own library, the structure
of the Date & Time library stack may be interesting as all the info is
stored in the stack script, a list of the handlers is built and
displayed by a script and the relevant information is displayed
automatically when a function is selected from the list.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/