Documentations Biggest Flaw

Wolfgang M.Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Mar 25 13:04:49 EST 2004

On 22.03.2004, at 20:55, Kevin Miller wrote:

> On 21/3/04 5:29 pm, Dave Calkins <davecalk at surfbest.net> wrote:
> ---
>> There are three different ways or styles in which people learn:
>> verbal,
>> visual, and kinesthetic. Educators know that in order to have most of
>> their students grasp the information they are trying to get across,
>> they must structure and present their lesson in ways that will trigger
>> all three types of learning.
or call it the left/right brain-way...

>> Verbal learners will love the rev documentation. They learn best by
>> verbal communication. They pick things up by reading or listening. The
>> documentation for this type of learner is fabulous.
>> Kinesthetic learners understand things by taking them apart, putting
>> them back together, practicing with the parts. Getting in there and
>> swinging the hammer, pounding a few nails, hands on kind of thing;
>> that
>> is how they learn best. With rev, they will learn the most as they
>> play
>> with the cook book, open up the scripts, seeing how they work,
>> modifying them to see what happens. The rev documentation is OK here,
>> not great, but it has been improving in this area.
Exactly thats the point I was talking about on this list since it has
started. Finally I gave up. Thanks that you Dave came up and explained
it much better than i could. But, how du you think you (we) can get
this in to the head of verbal, left brain, digital and sequential
working heads of a programmer?

>> The visual learner needs pictures to "see" how things operate. They
>> learn best by looking at screen shots of what is being talked about,
>> looking at a picture of the icon being discussed, by watching the
>> computer move the mouse on the screen to select the proper menu item,
>> by having a little man pop onto the screen and show him what to do,
>> etc. This type of presentation is essential to a visual learner and is
>> almost non existent in the rev documentation.

>> Don't get me wrong, I think that the amount of information in the docs
>> is superb. I also know that adding the visual aspect to the documents
>> will add to their size, but it will open up RR to a vastly larger
>> audience. It will also, I believe, inspire many more people as to what
>> can be done with RR.
>>
>> Revolution has the tools to have a great learning environment for the
>> "Visual" and "Kinesthetic" learner.

----
I agree nearly to erveryting you said, but i deleted most of it to make
the post better readable

> Fantastic post.  You have perfectly summed up what is one of our very
> top
> priorities for the next couple of releases of Revolution!  Stay tuned
> for
> big improvements.
> Kevin

Oh, oh, ooooooh.... Thats the most interesting announcement you did
since this list was born. I m very, very, very keeeeeeeeeeeeeen about
what this will realy mean!

what about the idea to announce the same for the UI???

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Ps:: to make one thing clear: IMHO Jeanne did a great job to make the
best of it)

Trainingsmaps© -- nur klicken müssen Sie können..!
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com
wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418 Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539