Database Experience

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 13:19:39 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 1:43 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

> There is nothing that prevents you from using that approach with
> Filemaker
> also if you want to; or you could use the easier native record locking
> options.
>
> I don't quite understand how you lock a record without knowing what
> record
> you're locking. You say you can lock a record or determine its lock
> status
> without a DB connection. How does that work? How do you perform a query
> without performing a query?

Ops... allow me to explain, I use this on a simple software where I
know beforehand what the records are. No need to a SELECT call. This
sofware is using the DB as a filesystem-like database. My XML tells
everything about the DB... I know people might be thinking, so why the
hell he is using a DB... it's like this MySQL is accessed remotelly to
store JPEG files and weblog comments, each one is assigned an ID, this
ID is stored locally on client XML for this will not change, it's
faster than using SELECT all time...

I think you might understand me better now..

Cheers

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org