MYSQL Cgi Linux

paolo mazzapaolo at libero.it
Tue Mar 23 03:20:44 EST 2004

I  installed the cgi-engine (Rev 2.0 for Linux)  in the cgi-bin of my server
provider (Linux/apache) an it work great ... then i tryed to connect to a
mysql-database .
I...
- uploaded the database-driver to the server (file dbmysql.so from the Linux
folder in the distribution)
- set the permission of the file (chmod 777 )
- set 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' to point the cgi-engine to the folder with
database
drivers
- wrote a cgi-scripts to connectto a MYSQL database installed on the
server
(put revOpenDatabase(cinfo["MYSQL","dbhost,dbdatabase,dbuser,dbpassword)
into dbresult)
- run the CGI

As a result I  got this message :

 revdberr,invalid database type

I guess this is because revolution can not find the driver. Am I right?
I cecked the 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath'.. it is correct  .. any idea?

Ciao Paolo