Database Experience

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Mar 23 00:53:21 EST 2004

> And you do?

I don't think you have to be insulting if you want to disagree, or you
have
anything positive to add.  Why do you think people are starting to not
ask their important questions on this list?  Its a bad trend.

> MySQL does? I don't think so.

Someone told me MySQL handled it, I'm open to the suggestion that
the information may be incorrect.  That's why I was asking the question.

Many people have been trying to move away from FileMaker Pro to MySQL
because of these issues and multi-threaded issues.  A decent database
should handle these things without the programmer having to re-invent
with his/her own schemes.

> If you want to build a custom record locking
> solution for web transactions, you can do it and you will face the same
> issues in any  system. It only takes a very simple calculation in edit
> privileges to accomplish.

Would you like to be more specific and helpful?  What version of
FileMaker Pro are you referring to?  I'm not using the latest version.
FileMaker Pro needs to convince me with some major web improvements
that it is worth the price to upgrade.  So far I'm unconvinced.
If you have experience with version 7 I'd be interested in hearing
about it.