Dan Shafer's Book

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Mar 22 23:02:37 EST 2004

On Mar 16, 2004, at 11:41 PM, Christopher Mitchell wrote:

> I'd like to just buy Ch 1 also, but unfortunately it is apparently
> only available as a trilogy now with the 2nd and 3rd volumes being
> currently in the works.

I assume you mean Volume 1 and not Chapter 1.

> How about letting us buy the Ch 1 PDF on its own again?

That's not too likely to happen. Here's the problem. Economics dictate
that I make very little on an eBook if I sell it as a standalone
product. I bundle it with the other  two volumes and membership in my
online community at RevolutionPros.com at a combined price of $97,
which is $14 less than the combined three PDFs will cost. Now I have
enough cash flow to justify my taking the time to write the subsequent
volumes.

The total installed base of RunRev is so small that even if everyone
who ever bought a license bought one copy of Volume 1, I'd end up
making less than I usually get for an advance on a book where I don't
have to do any of the marketing, support, etc. So I can't see a way to
make economic sense out of selling one volume at a time.

That said, I am offering all chapters after Vol. 1 singly at an average
of $5 each. It has occurred to me that I *could* make the chapters of
Volume 1 available one by one at a similar price point if there were
sufficient interest in the community.

I'm listening. Sorry I can't accommodate your request but maybe there
are other ways of doing this. I'm receptive to ideas.

This series of books is as much a labor of love giving back to the Rev
community as anything else. that said, I'd like to cover my costs and
some reasonable profit for what amounts to a huge amount of work.