Documentations Biggest Flaw

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Mar 22 21:46:01 EST 2004

> Maybe I need to understand the document search mechanism better. Why
> can't I
> type in multiple key words to search on? I suppose there is some new
> gem of
> information that will help me find things more easily - does anybody
> know
> where that is?
> Hi Paul,

There are a few techniques to help, although I know how frustrating it
is to be looking for something when you don't know what it is called
:-)
I always start in the Transcript dictionary and I have it set to
"Filter" by default.
Use the Show popup menu above the list to reduce the size of the list
e.g. if I want to make some changes to fields, I can go to "All
properties -> Field" which immediately reduces the number of entries in
the list from 1714 to 172 (Rev 2.1.2)
This is almost scannable now, but a few filter tests will help even
more e.g. color, tab, font.

Now for the really important part - when you actually click to go to a
dictionary entry *** ALWAYS *** check the See Also menu. As well as
taking you to related dictionary entries, this will show you related
articles, general information and cookbook recipes.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/