open sockets and snapshot conflict?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Mar 22 01:42:50 EST 2004

On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 04:25 PM, John Rule wrote:

> I am getting a consistent problem when I have open sockets and I do a
> 'snapshot' and export.

This seems to be OK on OS X:

******************
on mouseUp
   open socket "127.0.0.1:7" with message sockOpened
   put "open result: " & the result & LF
end mouseUp

on sockOpened socketID
   put "sockOpened " & socketID & LF after message
   put "openSockets: " & the openSockets & LF after message
   export snapshot from rect 100,100,200,200 to ss as PNG
   close socket socketID
   put "close result: " & the result & LF after message
end sockOpened

on socketError socketID e
   put "socketError " & socketID && e & LF after message
end socketError

on socketClosed socketID
   put "socketClosed " & socketID & LF after message
end socketClosed

(I thought an earlier version had set cantModify on another stack, but
I couldn't get that to repeat, so I suspect I had done that some other
way.)

Do you have a better test?

Dar Scott