counter++ versus "add 1 to counter

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Mar 21 20:20:59 EST 2004

An interesting side note about the readability (and writability) of
Transcript:

The other day, I was writing some code and needed to access the script
of the topCard of the topStack from a (different) palette stack. To my
recollection, I always used "this card" when referring to a card script,
but now "this card" only referred to the card in the palette.

Hmmm. So, after thinking about *what* I wanted to do, I entered into the
msg:

put the script of the current card of the topStack

and... it worked. Don't think I could've done that in C. Sometimes
making a language "Human readable/writable" does have it's rewards:-)

-Chipp