OptionKey madness

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Mar 20 15:45:12 EST 2004

On Mar 20, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, "Richard Gaskin"  wrote:
>
>> Is there a recipe/workaround/external/appeal to the gods which will
>> reliably prevent keystrokes from triggering a response in a player?
>
> I don't believe there's any workaround currently available (I've been
> hit by
> this issue as well).  I'm pretty sure Trevor has looked into this and
> found
> an API or or some other hook that led him to believe it is in fact
> possible
> to prevent unwanted key triggers.  But who knows when this can be
> addressed.

There is an API call that will disable events being sent to the player.
  Richard filed a bug report with the appropriate call attached (Bug
1337).  I can easily add this call to the external but that doesn't
help somebody who isn't using the external for their project.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com