OptionKey madness

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Mar 20 14:42:09 EST 2004

> Okay, the numeric function keys are unusable to an app
> because most OSes reserve some of them, and numeric
> Option/Alt keys are out because Apple reserves some of them.
>
> So I'm limited to command keys for triggering actions in text fields?
> Major drag.

You can check the keysDown(), which should include a list of all the keys
typed (see Dar's comment on the Improve list on rawKeyDown).

However there are definitely two bugs that RunRev needs to fix to get this
right - one that appeared in the 2.5.1 engine, and the other that's been
there for a while:

The first is the option-key combination reported in bug 1147 (by me) - this
was fine in 2.5, but died in 2.5.1.

The second is the fact that Dar noticed that control+char is being reported
as if the shift key was down, so while "a" is 97 and "shift-a" is 65,
"control-a" is 65 + the control-key code of 65507. This is a bug that needs
to be fixed.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com