A few questions

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 08:46:21 EST 2004

Ken

What I usually do is have a central hub of sorts (aka splash stack)
which is the only standalaone.  From there run all of my other stacks
as non-standalone stacks.  I do a build of the central hub in all the
OSes I want to use (typically OS 9, OS X and Win) and then use Toast to
burn a CD containing the central hub and all of the non-standalone
stacks--making sure to select Mac OS Extended and PC (Hybrid) CD..

At this point I can either run the program from CD or copy it to the HD
of the target machine.  I just double-click the central hub standalone
and everything runs from there.  Works well and saves a LOT of
standalone building.

NOTE:  any instance where I have a script that goes outside of a
particular stack (e.g.  go to card x of stack "not this one.rev") will
only work if initially accessed from a standalone--i.e. even if it is
in one of the non-standalone stacks it won't work in the IDE, only if
accessed by running the central hub standalone and then hitting the
script from a non-standalone run from the central hub standalone:  e.g.
  central hub runs peripheral non-standalone which contains the script :
  go to card x of stack "central hub".  Am I making sense?

HTH.