Revolution CRASH - was Re: about collision routines.

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Fri Mar 19 05:10:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I downloaded the "asteroids" stack, being sure I could learn something
from it.

> go stack url http://www.inspiredlogic.com/rev/starbattle.rev

(I downloaded it, did not type the go stack command in the IDE since
internet connections are EXTREMELY expensive here and I use a satellite
proxy to quickly download what I need)

In fact I did learn something: I started the stack, used the mouse to
click on "Start Game", waited a few seconds until something appeared on
the screen and press "cursor left". Result: Revolution used up to 95% of
CPU time, the stack stopped working completely, restoring dev tools was
not possible any longer and I had to kill the complete instance using
the task manager.
This is 100% reproducable on my main machine: Win XP Pro, 1GB RAM, 240
GB HD space (90GB free), 2.6GHz AMD Athlon, NVidia TI4600 video card,
two monitors attached (Desktop spreading).

I did not have time to dig into the code (since I don't understand
Transcript anyway it would not help me much, I guess), but maybe someone
on this list is able to explain what happens?

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2
27432 Ebersdorf