asynchronous messages and answer dialog

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 18 12:32:31 EST 2004

On 3/18/04 7:30 AM, rodney tamblyn wrote:

> No, I think it should return a list of all the stacks which are open and
> visible.
>
> Launch Revolution, open message box, type: 'there is a window "answer
> dialog"' -> returns true.   Why?

Probably historical. HyperCard does the same thing. There are seven
windows in HyperCard which are always listed in "the windows", and they
include the answer and ask dialogs, as well as all the debugging tools.

It doesn't bother me, since those windows really are available. If a
stack is listed in "the windows" it means you can refer to it without
fear of getting an error. To test whether the window is really on
screen, just use "the openstacks".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com