Rép : OT two+ buck a gallon gas AAARRRGGGGHHH

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Mar 18 04:58:42 EST 2004

Le 18 mars 04, à 00:14, Judy Perry a écrit :

> Yeah, I know I sound like I'm a huge world-class whiner, but we've also
> seen our electrical costs quadruple during the shortage of a year or so
> ago, so everything just bugs us all the more.
>
> Plus, IIRC, public transportation is MUCH better in Europe than it is
> here
> (for example, there's no bus stops within a mile or two, and then they
> don't go to the train station.)  It gets better as you move north into,
> first, Orange County and then LA County... and it would also mean
> taking
> the train (which I adore, btw) at midnight, when there's DEFINITELY no
> bus
> service back to anywhere near the house...

It's true that the public transportation services are better in Europe
but, to the end, it's not really cheap if you include in the total
price : the tickets and all the direct and indirect taxes you have to
charge to get them availables...  The same could be say in about the
public education or hearth policies... If you need serious solutions
for your kids and familly, you will have to pay twice for that : one
trough the public policy imperatives taxes and charges, one for the
personal private insurances you need to sign-in too, to get access to
little more than "virtual only" education or hearth services...

To the end, the european public services and policies have been lots
more performant (1946/1973) than what they are today and will go down,
more and more, tomorrow.

re: ;(

Best, Pierre