asynchronous messages and answer dialog

rodney tamblyn rodney at infiny.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 01:18:13 EST 2004

> Technically it's not a bug because you're querying the existence of a
> window
> called "answer dialog". This will always be true if the answer dialog
> stack
> is present.  As you noted, what you *really* need to test is the
> openStacks.

To me it is more logical to test for the existence of the window.
There are many situations where I may have a stack open but not have
it's window open (e.g. a stack in use).  I think 'the windows' should
only return stacks which are displaying windows on screen.

According to the RR documentation 'the windows' and 'openstacks' are
synonymous.

If you open the message window (without having an answer dialog open)
and type:

put there is a window "answer dialog"

... it will return true.  Yet the windows will not include "answer
dialog"

R.