save this stack - a bug with images?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Thu Mar 18 00:03:36 EST 2004

On 3/18/04 12:52 PM, "Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/04 7:47 PM, "Doug Lerner" <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:
>
>> If I "save this stack" and there are resized images in the stack, those
>> images are not saved with their current size. They are, instead, saved with
>> the original size.
>>
>> The current location of the images is saved correctly (for example, if I
>> move the images), but the resized image is not saved.
>>
>> Is this a bug? Or am I not saving correctly?
>
> Did you set the lockLoc of the images before saving?

A couple of notes on this:

(1) Even if I don't set the lockLoc, the *location* of the image stays
preserved when I change cards. Only the size gets resized. That is
counter-intuitive.

(2) What if I do want to be able to move and resize the image freely, yet
preserve the current size and location when I change cards? Any recommended
techniques for that? I guess just set all the lockLocations to true when
changing cards and false when entering the card?

(3) What is the reasoning behind not preserving image size changes for image
controls only? Seems a bit odd...

doug