Database Experience

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Mar 17 09:20:37 EST 2004

Jan,

> Hi JB,
>
> You needn't look on the server : just look on your
> hard drive, in the directory where you installed your
> GUI Revolution (not the cgi-engine)
> The postgresql driver for Linux should be :
>  <path to Revolution>/components/global
> environment/database_drivers/linux/dbpostgresql.so
>
> You don't have to place these database drivers in the
> same directory as your cgi-bin, as you can tell the
> cgi-engine where to find them by including a call to
> 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' before connecting to the
> database.

I see...
Actually, my whole Linux & Postgresql will be installed
for me by my ISP on a dedicated server.
So, can I assume that the right drivers will be installed at
the right place, and that all I have to do is install the Linux
Rev-cgi engine, and then make a call to 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath'
in my scripts (with the right path) to be up and running ?

Thanks,
JB