data base

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 01:44:13 EST 2004

--- John Tenny <jtenny at willamette.edu> wrote:
> Jan
>
> as I follow the fix/feature discussion, I caught the
> following
> statement from you.
>
> My question isn't about fix/feature, but actually
> about Rev ability -
> can Rev be used to create a database and read into
> that DB files from a
> PDA (Palm and/or PocketPC)?
>
> If so, is there any difference in the current
> version of Rev and the
> new one?
>
> Peace,
>
>     John

Hi John,

First a quick note to the general public : I only
contributed the database changes for version 2.2 (and
an occasional patch in earlier versions) not the whole
system (I just wish I had, becaus it's filled with
clever scripts)

That being said, Palm database files are not supported
in version 2.2 ; the last person working on these type
of files is Lars Lewejohann.
Check out his acconcement on the list :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-July/019574.html>
And I believe this is a direct link to the file :
<http://www.tinyredbook.com/PDBV.zip>

Of course it's not the same as a database driver, but
it will allow you to open up your files, and maybe
expand the existing scripts to suit your needs.
There's always the chance that someone with skills in
writing externals maypick up the datbase driver sdk
and write a driver for pdb files.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====