Way to change icon of a Mac alias?

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 22:51:36 EST 2004

I've got a rev app that presently makes an alias of an application and puts it on the desktop in Mac OS X.  What I need to do, however, is somehow change the icon of that alias via Revolution.  Anyone know if that's possible?  I looked in the Transcript docs, and I see that the "icon" property can be set for an app in the DOCK, but I don't see a means of changing icons elsewhere.  For instance, let's say I want Rev to copy the icon from a file called "SourceIcon" and put it onto the alias file that's presently on the desktop (I want to paste over it's present icon).