Julian Date Handlers Available For Testing

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Mar 16 19:42:59 EST 2004

Hi All,

In preparation for conversion of my HyperCard biorhythm charter to
Run Rev without having to deal with the centuryCutoff issues and
other xTalk date anomalies, I have added six Julian (YYYYDDD) date
handler functions to Serendipity Library:

* dateItemsToJulian(theDateItems)  --  returns the equivalent Julian date

* julianDaysBetween(firstJulianDate,secondJulianDate)  --  returns
the number of days between two dates

* julianDaysHence(julianDate,numberOfDays) -- returns the Julian date
numberOfDays after [before if numberOfDays is negative] the original
date

* julianToDateItems(theJulianDate) --  returns the Julian date in dateItems

* julianToSystemDate(theJulianDate)  --  returns the Julian date
(including century) in system date format

*  systemDateToJulian(theDate)  --  returns the equivalent Julian date

If anyone has a need to manipulate dates that don't fall nicely
within one century, contact me privately and I'll be happy to extract
these & supporting handlers from Serendipity Library and provide them
for testing in greater depth.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company