Database Experience

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Mar 16 08:24:04 EST 2004

Hi John,

>I am interested to know what database people are using with Revolution.
>
>What seems to be the favourite and for what reason... Are you using  MySQL,
>Postgres or Valentina, for example...

I use Serendipity Database--Binary, or SDB.

>What prompted your choice ?

I had used a HyperTalk predecessor to SDB for almost a decade, and I
wanted a native Transcript database application that can be deployed
on all Revolution platforms without DLLs, extensions, or Unix command
line syntax.  I also wanted a db engine I could modify & extend when
it becomes desirable.

>  Are you using databases in a personal or commercial capacity ?

Both

It's available at <http://www.oenolog.net/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>

>Rather  than posting your replies to the list, if you would reply to me
>offlist... That'll keep a lot of people happy.

Apparently others want the answers posted to the List; so here is my reply.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company