Windows version of public beta?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Mar 15 10:28:10 EST 2004

Two hours ago I wrote:

> I then tried to build a Windows standalone, but the Application
> Builder insisted on attaching "revolution.app". Is this a bug or will
> there be different Application Builders for Mac and Windows?

 From the error message I saw that the Application Builder was (first)
looking into folder "components/engines" which contained only
"MacOSFat". After renaming "MacOSFat" so it could not be accessed, I
tried again to build the standalone and now got the information
"Revolution.exe is not a valid Windows engine".

It seems that the 2.2B1 engine is not compatible  with the components of
2.2RC1 when building standalones, but otherwise - working with the new
IDE - no errors occurred so far.

So we need to be patient and wait for the release of the real Windows
version.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke