Windows version of public beta?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Mar 15 07:41:23 EST 2004

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

> There is no announced date, but 2.2 is in public beta now.
>
> regards,
>
> Geoff Canyon

The RunRev site under "latest test release" says "There are no current
versions in testing", but ftp.runrev.com offers Mac versions.

I installed the OS X version and used the Application Builder, which
produced two standalones (for MacOS 9.2 and X) in one run.

As there is no Windows version at present, I transferred 2.2RC1 to a
Windows machine, substituted Revolution.app with the corresponding (?)
Windows engine of 2.2B1 and performed some tests about which I will
report in more detail later.

On example, though: The "transparent transitions" effect has remained as
before (on Windows), i.e. using my 3300-fields test stack

when the script editor is opened it remains transparent for a few
seconds before the script text is displayed.

At the same time the message box and the tools' palette disappear.

After having closed the script editor, message box and tools' palette
reappear as "transparent" (like the script editor before) for about
three seconds - which is somehow a nice effect.

I then tried to build a Windows standalone, but the Application Builder
insisted on attaching "revolution.app". Is this a bug or will there be
different Application Builders for Mac and Windows?

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke