Upgrade versus update

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 13 19:17:29 EST 2004

Speaking about software in general:   I'd be happy with bug-fixes only.
  After all, I didn't pay for new features (although I wouldn't decline
them if they were free).  I did pay for a product that functions as
advertised (i.e. that is full-featured and bug-free).

As it applies to Rev, I did, in fact, pay for new features, too, since
I purchased the enterprise license.  But that's because I wanted to
keep up-to-date on features, not because I expected to need to upgrade
in order to get bug fixes.  People who chose not to go with Enterprise
should still be entitled to bug-fix patches, updates, call them what
you will.