Naive question about cascading menus

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 13 17:49:05 EST 2004

Folks, I've puzzled over the docs, but I can't understand how I can have a
menu in a normal menu bar (not a stack menu) which can have some items that
cascade (i.e. have submenus) and some that don't. There is a nice example
in The Scripter's Scrapbook, where e.g. an item of the 'text'  menu
cascades into a list of fonts, while others don't cascade. It seems from
the docs that (a) your menu has to be a stack menu and (b) its menuMode of
'cascade' applies to the whole menu (button), not just some items of it.
Clearly I have missed something pretty massive. I feel dumb, but there it is.

All help gratefully received, as ever.

Graham