Image Partially Displayed

MGreenb551 at aol.com MGreenb551 at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 12:59:01 EST 2004

     Fairly simple scenario:   Title page goes to any of a number of marked
cards (with a transition).   Each card has an image object, and on top of the
image a transparent field which my script fills with text after a few seconds.
 The image does not display anything, it's all plain white, until the
transparent field is "shown", then only the part of the image that is covered by the
field is displayed, surrounded by white.   This happens consistently on every
card, but only the first time that card is visited.   If the stack returns to
that card, the image shows correctly.   By the way, this happens in the
development environment as well as in a compiled standalone.   It even happens in
the browse tool mode.
     I've tried to solve the problem by forcing an additional "show" of the
image.   I've tried changing the buffering property to always.   I've tried
grouping the image.   I've tried different transitions.   Nothing I've tried
makes the images on these cards display correctly when the stack first visits
them.   Can anyone give me a clue on this one?
     My development machine is running on Mac OS X (10.2.3)
     My Rev version is 2.0r1

          Thanks in Advance,

                         Mark Greenberg