Disappearing Images in Fields

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Mar 13 03:06:50 EST 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:43:32 -0800
> From: Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
> Subject: Re: Disappearing  Images in Fields
>
> And what I don't understand is why the image clips fine at the top of the
> field but not at the bottom...
------------
Well, I think it's a thing having to do with mixing the image with text in
the same area. The image is on the left and it has multiple lines of text to
the right of it. I've never seen anyone try to do that in a field before.

You have many lines of text in the same space as the image, which should be
on one line. So, I think it's seeing the image as being wrapped with the
last line of text to its right. Therefore, it won't show the image until the
last line of text to its right comes up.

That would also account for why it goes off the top OK. It thinks it's part
of the last line of text, so it stays until it goes off with the rest of the
last line to its right. The part of the image above it gets clipped by the
top of the field because of its position, i.e., it already exists in the
visual portion of the field, which isn't true at the bottom because of it
being part of the last line of text.

Anyway, that's the best I can come up with. If I'm right, making the whole
thing a group with a vertical scrollbar, like Ken Ray says, should fix the
problem.

HTH,
Ken N.