Saving snapshots to files

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 12 22:50:05 EST 2004

Hello Wilhelm,

> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:14:57 +0100
> From: Wilhelm Sanke <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de>
> Subject: Re: Saving snapshots to files

> Actually both "import snapshot" and "export snapshot" can be found as
> cards in the Transcript Dictionary of Rev. 2.1.2 and 2.2.B1.
>
> Klaus Major wrote not long ago:
>
>> Yes, it reads:
>>
>> export snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle [of window windowID]] \
>> to {file filePath |container} [as format] [with mask maskFile]
------------
OK, sorry, my mistake, must be a new command.

I remember reading Klaus' post now. Hmmm.
------------
> This worked for me (from my script in my first reply of this thread)
> concerning the "import snapshot" command:
>
> "put the windowID of this stack into StackID
> import snapshot from rect 197,145,1097,820 of window StackID"
Yes, import snapshot works for me too, but I'm still fiddling with the
scripts to extract it and send it to a folder. Maybe I'll get back into it
tonight if I don't fall asleep on my keyboard. I spent the better part of
the last three days whacking back about 500-600 giant sword ferns. I'm
pretty much numb.

Thanks for your help.

Ken N.