Saving snapshots to files

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Mar 12 17:14:57 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> It is actually "import snapshot" and will take a snapshot.
>
> Tom
>
> On Mar 12, 2004, at 12:57 PM, Ken Norris wrote:
>
> >> Hi Wilhelm,

> snapshot"
> Transcript
> >> ----------
> >> There is no "export snapshot" command in my Rev Dictionary. Are you
> >> saying
> >> yours has such a command? I need to see it. Can you copy and paste it
> >> here?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >> Ken N.
> >>

> Thomas J. McGrath III

Ken and Thomas,

Actually both "import snapshot" and "export snapshot" can be found as
cards in the Transcript Dictionary of Rev. 2.1.2 and 2.2.B1.

Klaus Major wrote not long ago:

> Yes, it reads:
>
> export snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle [of window windowID]] \
>     to {file filePath |container} [as format] [with mask maskFile]
>
> Has anybody succesfully used this command?
>
> I tried EVERYTHING, like storing the windowId into a variable first
> etc...

This worked for me (from my script in my first reply of this thread)
concerning the "import snapshot" command:

"put the windowID of this stack into StackID
 import snapshot from rect 197,145,1097,820 of window StackID"

I did not use  "export snapshot" so far, but will give it a try.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke