Fix it before moving ahead

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 12 07:48:26 EST 2004

>Hi Richard,
>
>>Klaus Major wrote:
>>
>>>please excuse me if i may get a bit cynical, but i cannot stand these
>>>lame excuses anymore...
>>
>>Patience, Grasshopper.
>
>I am patient, but no grasshopper :-)
>This is from an english/american fairy tale/poem, isn't it?

Klaus, it is from an American tv serial and movie "Kung-fu".
Grasshopper was a nickname of the main character when he was a
student at Shaolin monastery (and the nickname has to do with him
gaining ability to hear a grasshoper jump). "Patience, Grasshopper"
was what he often heard from his master.

And you have right, Klaus, to get impatient. The bugs and stability
have been an issue ever since Revolution shipped. Some releases made
strides but I don't think we have reached a level of satisfaction
that one would expect from a product like this (particularly in its
2nd version). It feels kinda like we are participating in an
everlasting series of beta releases. While the bulk of the program
works and lots of users are happy, many more sophisticated or
off-mainstream usages run often into trouble or require arm-twisting
to achieve the goals.

Robert